Monday, September 6, 2010

Hokie Fans

Not sure I agree with this, but I was just at a local Fort Worth/TCU burger place where the Virginia Tech/Boise State game was on. 

The 10 or so people eating, drinking and generally being merry at Dutch's were a whole lot merrier when Va Tech made a big play.

Asked a fan there if they were a Frogs fan, he was, and he said he was supporting Va Tech because he still harbors bitter feelings about the Fiesta Bowl loss.

He's apparently not alone.

I get it from one standpoint - if you're TCU, which is ranked No. 6, you want the teams ahead of you to lose so you'll move up.

I don't get it from another standpoint - TCU and Boise State are underdogs in this thing. It's likely going to be one or the other that is going to screw this thing up, so I thought there might be some unity in this fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment